Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums  

Go Back   Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums > Current Memories Forum
Memories Forum Home Quick User Guide Register Wel-Met Photos Find Other Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2005, 08:23 PM   #31
Stu Thalblum

It was wonderful seeing everybody again. Whatever the hell they did to us at Wel-Met, it obviously made a big impression on the hundreds of us who came back. I'm glad we got a dozen of our peers up. Special kudos to Sid and Ron and Patti, who came the furthest.

I must say, I knew Larry Barker well from approximately the ages of 6 to 16, and often saw him daily, in school, Hebrew school, after school, and of course, Wel-Met. Until this month, the following are words I never would have used to describe Larry:

Sentimental
Articulate
Spiritual
Melancholy
Emotional

The following are words I have always used to describe Larry:

Tall
Friendly
Tall

Patti - Is there any way you can post your picture of little Laurie Schlecker (?) from Unit 3 or 4?

Hope to see you all again
Stu Thalblum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 01:25 PM   #32
Jeff Rosenberg

funny story

When we were at camp reminiscing, I remember asking Ron if he remembered a girl from Unit V named Amy Abbey (he didn't) - does anybody? I don't remember anything about her, what she looked like or anything, I just remember the name because it's an easy name to remember (like Janet Jupiter).

Fast forward 1 week later, I get a call in my office from Amy Abbey wanting to set up a business meeting with me. Could it be? I waited until we met (today), and I asked - are you from NY? Yes. Did you go to camp? Yes, sleep-away. Did it start with a W? Yes, Wel-Met - oh my god!

Well it was her. How freaky is that, especially after just mentioning her name out of the blue after 32 years. She was only there for Unit V. She was with her friend Lois (can't remember her last name now). Does anybody remember her?

It truly is a small world....
Jeff Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 11:38 AM   #33
robminster

That name definitely rings a bell.... but I have no recollection of what she looked like.....

Rob
robminster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 12:07 PM   #34
Sid Suss

Western Trip Ininerary?

Rob or Janet,

Each of you had a copy of our western trip itinerary... can you scan it in and post it on the photos site (or copy it and I'll give you my home address)? That would be awesome!

Rosie,

Wow, what a coincidence to say the least re: Amy Abbey... I don't remember her or the name though. Too bad we don't have "class pictures" from our camp days.

Ron,

Your post is indicative of how you came into public speaking - you are quite a storyteller. I spent some time on your site the other day, and was looking to see if I could find and order your memory program. Let me know where I can find it. Thanks.
Sid Suss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 12:25 PM   #35
robminster

Sid,
No problem.I will try and scan it for you ...as a backup give me your address and I'll mail it to you or your fax #.... One way or another I will get it to you.

Rob
robminster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 12:51 PM   #36
AnneS

to Carey

Carey,

I emailed you shortly after Reunion, but don't know if the message got through.

I'm looking forward to that UWS get-together we talked about. I leave Sunday, July 3, for a 2-week vacation, but hope we can organize a summer brunch or dinner with the Upper West Siders you met at Reunion. Perhaps at one of the new restaurants on Broadway?

My Western Trip group hasn't set a date yet for our NY reunion.

Anne
AnneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 06:57 AM   #37
Ron Rosenberg

Sid,

Thanks for your interest in my memory system. It normally sells for $127, but you can get the special "Wel-Met alumni discount price" of $79 at this link:

http://www.marketerschoice.com/app/javanof.asp?MerchantID=43153&ProductID=2347251

We had a lot of fun putting this together and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Ron Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote