Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums  

Go Back   Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums > Current Memories Forum
Memories Forum Home Quick User Guide Register Wel-Met Photos Find Other Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2005, 04:04 PM   #91
sueblum1

Cool

I was in Unit 34 in 1974, Unit 5 in 75, Pioneers in 76 and Western Trip II in 77. Is that right Lenny?? : )

Yeah, I was pretty jealous that my brother went and I didn't, but he brought my sister and I back a T-shirt, so I can now walk around wearing my Wel-Met t-shirt! Pretty cool. Still haven't contacted Jeff Suss - he lives right near me in Burbank - It's on my "to do" list!!! Life is crazy - always is - just when things seem to be settling in to a dull roar, something else happens.
sueblum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 05:24 PM   #92
Michael Ohlstein

Quote:
Originally posted by douglas secular
and steven was the younger giorgano.

mike, wasn't i in your bunk 95 in 1975?

bottle of johnny walker ring a bell???

I wasn't at camp in 1974, '75, or '76.
Michael Ohlstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:56 PM   #93
Mitch Feig

I only spent two years at Wel-Met 1976 (the year of my Bar Mitzvah) when I came up with a soft cast on my hand and 1977, the last year of Wel Met. In 76' they had the lame burning "76" float on the lake to celebrate the bicentennial.

In 1976 I was in Unit 5. My bunkmates included Craig Lipsay, David Grado, Danny Weidman, you and me. I do not know the names of the other guys. Mike Arbitman (Arbitwoman) was our counselor. You were not thrown out that Summer, although as I recall, you caused your share of trouble.

In 1977 I was in Unit 5 again with Grado, Jeff Hersh was my counselor. You and Craig Lipsay had moved on to Pioneers and, I do recall that you were tossed that summer. Steve Giordano was in my bunk in 1977.
Mitch Feig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 07:09 AM   #94
Michael Ohlstein

And I was your swing consoler......

Alan Alterbaum was our PA and Marc Minick was the UD.

Spider
Michael Ohlstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 08:45 AM   #95
lennybrown

To Doug and Sue

Doug, as I said in a previous note, your name totally rings a bell. If you do have an old picture, do as Sue requested and download it.

Sue, I didn't realize you lived close to Burbank. Next month from January 14th thru the 21st I will be staying in Northridge. Maybe we could get together one day and try to drag Senior Suss with us.
lennybrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 09:32 AM   #96
douglas secular

lenny... i definitely know the name. i will get a photo in the next few days scanned.

mitch.... one of us has the years messed up but i know i was in that bunk in unit 5 with you. it was a great summer.

i spoke with someone from camp last night for the first time in about 30 years and it was just like being a kid again!

this is a great website.
douglas secular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 09:34 AM   #97
sueblum1

Lenny - that sounds great! Northridge is not far.

As for Doug Secular - now it all makes sense - you were a year behind us - not in Pioneers with us (or Unit 5) - that's why we don't remember you getting kicked out of Pioneers.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:23 AM   #98
lennybrown

My cell phone

Sue take down my cell phone and number and give me a call when it gets closer to January 14th. I will be fairly flexible so it would be dependant on you and Suss if you could get a hold of him. While we're at it, we'll give Brandy a call and have a West Coast reunion. Anyone else is welcome but it was hard enough getting people from the east coast to go to the east coast reunion.OOPS! I almost forgot 631-275-2392
Old 12-15-2005, 11:46 AM   #99
sueblum1

I thought Brandi was in Oregon or Washington, or somewhere "up there".

I'll call you as it gets closer.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:15 PM   #100
JoelleHochman

Yeah, Brandi's near Seattle. So close to CA from the EAst coast perspective!

Doug, by a strange circumstance, I co-own a 2 family house with Lynn Weissman, a former Wel-Met-er who DOES remember you and says you were in her group, which was slightly after ours. I'm afraid you can't be right since none of us remember you!

And Vita...brrrrrrrrrrrr :-)

Hey to you all out there.. It's good to know you exist.

Joelle
JoelleHochman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 09:55 AM   #101
Suss

Hey Lenny, Susan

Have not been to this site in a while. would love to see you.
My cell is 310-780-5505. Happy Holidays to all
Suss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 03:01 PM   #102
emka100

Jeff Suss--- 44... (closing in on half an antique...)

lost my palm pilot and don't have your cell # call me or e-mail me

emka100@hotmail.com

Hello to all my fellow wel-metters out there
emka100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 03:02 PM   #103
emka100

uh, nevermind. next time i'll read your posts more carefully before i reply

mk
emka100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 03:08 PM   #104
lennybrown

Kramer, at least you brought this thread back to the top. Uh now it's me who brought it back to the top. Anyway I'm trying to figure out how to change the name of this thread. After all we are all a year older and some of us (not me) are falling out of this category.

Hope all is well with you dudes and dudettes.

Lenny
Old 04-06-2006, 09:52 PM   #105
sueblum1

lenny, suss,
Lenny - what ever happened to 1/14/06 - did you come out here? ANy other plans to travel west?

Suss - I called you - around christmas, I think- when Nina (Pearlman) Yeckes called and said she was in Ojai and did we want to come out. But she was only there a day or two and I never got there - I was calling you to see if you wanted to take a roadtrip with me - a little weird after 30 years - maybe we'll get together soon - heck my daughter is off to Burbank tonight to see a friend - I think we should be able to arrange it!!
Old 04-07-2006, 08:04 AM   #106
lennybrown

Sorry I missed you Sue. I was in La La land for a week to see some family. It will probably be some time before I could get back
there but I hope sooner than later. Just waiting for the summer to come. Hope all is well with you and everyone else on this thread.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:58 AM   #107
loritauber

hi gang. haven't been on the site in about a year, but then i was reminded again when i got a note about the big debate going on for this site about censorship. 'had the pleasure of spending a couple of hours with nina yesterday (she's like madonna and cher... she needs no last name!!). she and her family were in NYC seeing a show as was I, so we got to grab a beer and catch up for a couple of hours. She is a walking wel-met memory bank. we had lots of laughts comparing our children's camps (custom-made gaga courts!) with our experiences carrying PB&J sandwiches into the woods in a peach basket with a broom!!!!

hope you all are doing well. LTM
loritauber is offline   Reply With Quote