Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums  

Go Back   Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums > Current Memories Forum
Memories Forum Home Quick User Guide Register Wel-Met Photos Find Other Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Answer Yes Or No
Mr. Combie Flicked ashes in the Eggs 3 42.86%
Klienman cross dressed 4 57.14%
Lou played first base for the Yankees in the 40's 0 0%
Waterfront Girls were hot 2 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2003, 01:52 PM   #1
ArtBefartnickle

Thumbs down Kitchen Riot

What precipitated the walk out in 1971 of the Narrowburg kitchen? Rumor had it that someone either stuck their schlong in the bug juice or did something even more reprehensible. I witnessed the incident where all the kitchen boys were out on the steps of the kitchen and Lou Levitt told them that anyone who wanted to go home should pack their bags and get up to the admin building for the trip ito Monticello where they could catch the next bus home. He then informed that rowdy group that they should get back to work and send someone up to see him and he would discuss the issue. They all went back and that was the end of it.

It was my first real experience at labor relations and i must say, that it probably was one of Lou's finer moments.
ArtBefartnickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 05:19 PM   #2
David Fried

Re: Kitchen Riot

Great post, I guess I had forgoten about the kitchen boy walk out until I read your post. Thanks for dusting off the cobwebs
david
Quote:
Originally posted by ArtBefartnickle
What precipitated the walk out in 1971 of the Narrowburg kitchen? Rumor had it that someone either stuck their schlong in the bug juice or did something even more reprehensible. I witnessed the incident where all the kitchen boys were out on the steps of the kitchen and Lou Levitt told them that anyone who wanted to go home should pack their bags and get up to the admin building for the trip ito Monticello where they could catch the next bus home. He then informed that rowdy group that they should get back to work and send someone up to see him and he would discuss the issue. They all went back and that was the end of it.

It was my first real experience at labor relations and i must say, that it probably was one of Lou's finer moments.
David Fried is offline   Reply With Quote