Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums  

Go Back   Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums > Current Memories Forum
Memories Forum Home Quick User Guide Register Wel-Met Photos Find Other Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2005, 10:45 AM   #1
AnneGell

1965 Western Trip

I was on the Western Trip the summer of 1965, I think the last one of the summer. It was WONDERFUL, an experience I still remember fondly. The best part was meeting my friend for life, Lynne Kalman, now Lynne Warshaw. We have remained fast friends ever since, becomming part of each other's lives and families.

I remember the bus that held 40 seats, and us numbering 44. The most popular "seats" were in the aisle, lying down and sleeping/resting when exhausted. We started out and drove straight to St. Louis, one bus driver mind you. Today he wouldn't be able to do that I bet.

It was one of the best summers of my life, too bad there is nothing equivilent today for our kids.

Anyone else from this trip on this forum?

Anne Fishkin Geller
AnneGell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 03:21 PM   #2
AnneGell

Western trip Reunions at World's Fair

I was reading an article in the New York Times referring to the World's fairs that were held in NYC. I have wonderful memories of holding Western Trip reunions at the World's fair in 1965. At that time 14 year olds could take the subway from Brooklyn, meet friends and spend the day at the Fair, and take the subway home alone late at night.
Those were the days!!

Anne Fishkin Geller
AnneGell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 08:14 PM   #3
Davia Love

Anne, I was in Pioneers in 1965 and still have pictures of the reunions we held at the World's Fair. Got to see some of the same old friends at the '03 reunion, and it was a blast!
Davia Love is offline   Reply With Quote