Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums  

Go Back   Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums > Current Memories Forum
Memories Forum Home Quick User Guide Register Wel-Met Photos Find Other Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2005, 08:24 PM   #31
Beth Green

wow, you guys are amazing,
Beth
Beth Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 08:27 PM   #32
David Fried

Oh Beth your so sweet, I forgot Michelle Barr, who lives in CA, Mr Bassis
David Fried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 09:03 PM   #33
Greg Stone

Northern NJ

I will be happy to send emails or make calls to people around here if you have any leads

Greg
Greg Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 09:10 PM   #34
David Fried

Thanks, I think we have run the table for this go-round, now we need to have all the people we've contacted join on and start communicating But do dig up any pictures you have and upload them.
Did you see my Hiroshima entry ? Were you part of that ?
Old 08-10-2005, 09:13 PM   #35
Greg Stone

Pictures

My parents are checking their house for old pictures. If they have, I will scan in and post

Dont recall Hiroshima day. I do remember listening to Moon landing in 1969 and Tom Seavers almost perfect game.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:15 PM   #36
David Fried

Will the guest please stand up and be counted!!!!
Old 08-13-2005, 03:02 PM   #37
David Fried

Talking Latest update

So it looks like David and Spiders great hunt for lost campers is just about coming to an end. We definitely found some long lost friends. The shindig at Mike's is shaping up to be an event. We should have just about one representative from every tent in Pioneers and almost half the western trip. I guess the long distance runner award is going to have to go to Paul, unless we convince Jeff Light to get off his butt and show. Reeva would love to make it, but not sure she can rearrange her schedule to drop by or she would be in the running as well.

So who is coming, Kenny Sapon, Paul Bassis, Rich Slevin, Alec Goldfarb, Bruce Saffran, Steve Bandel, Terran Miller, Ivan Salinas, Ira Fox, Gary Diana, Dave Kavall, Moose Landsman, Beth Green, Wendy Roseman, Lisa Kappa, Leslie Barovick, Jayne Horrowitz, Amy Batterman, Michele Rodoletz, Amy Bermar, Lisa Schwartz Greg Stone, Paul Mendelowitz, Steve Fried. If I left anyone out, please jump in and step up. We could have a few last second additions like Barry and April Farber, Debbie Navarro, Debbie Nagler, Jodie Levine, Steve Gabay and Lisa Rittell.

Which brings to the next subject, public ridicule. I know Kenny is standing patiently by, waiting to unleash on the few of you who live in the Tri state area and are not going to show. Do you really want to feel the full furry of Sapon's wrath? This is your last warning. After this it's open season, your reputation and self respect is at stake!

I know Mike sent out an e-mail with directions and we will post them here as well. If you need more information or help with transportation or accommodations don't hesitate to contact either Mike or me.

Last edited by David Fried; 08-13-2005 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-22-2005, 01:56 PM   #38
clairewasser

Reunion

Wow!
I just got a message from Eileen Bernstein, the only person that I've really kept in somewhat contact with over all these years and she told me about the reunion and website. I am so impressed with the documentation!
( I just recalled how I lost all my photos from these years at a camp reunion years ago at a co-camper's named Randy (???) )
Just a mention of some of these names and a glance at the photos remind me (of my lacking memory) just where I knew these people from.
I do remember the rocky mountain toast, I don't know if I had Spider's......
I live in the Hudson Valley(for many years) and it just so happens that I will be in Long Island for a Bas Mitzvah on September 3....I wonder, how far is Brookville from Syosset/Cold Spring Harbor? It would be great so see you all!
It would be a drive by and I will have my family in tow...
Claire
clairewasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 02:07 PM   #39
Michael Ohlstein

Claire...you kook. Grab Eileen and come on over. (By the way, there is a nice picture of her that was posted here two weeks ago by Alec Goldfarb) We couldn't find either of you. The women were much harder to track down.....that whole married name thing....

Syosset and Cold Spring Harbor are 10 minutes east of Old Brookville, just down route 25A (Northern Blvd).

More info to follow...

Spider
Michael Ohlstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 10:10 PM   #40
Steve Bandel

Reunion

So Dave, are you going to make up name badges with our pictures from '72 (or 73') on them??

Spider, what can we bring to help out? - and don't just say "yourselves". ( the man really is a wonderful and gracious host).

You guys have done an impressive job with this. You could have futures in investigative reporting or detective work.

Steve
Steve Bandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 10:58 PM   #41
Michael Ohlstein

Let's see....I have twine for the three legged race....I have foil and rocks for the treasure hunt....I have a knife for the stretch game....I have a deck of cards for knucks and spit.....GaGa is all taken care of....

Bring a framing hammer, a screw gun, and a sheet rock knife. If you know anything about roofing, that would help too.

Bring old photo albums. Bring a camera. Bring your bifocals and your walker.

And bring your sense of decorum. Some people are bringing their families so remember, it's ok to say anything in front of the children....but certain escapades aren't suitable for spousal ears. That stuff we save for ourselves.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:15 PM   #42
David Fried

Hi Steve,
Name tags, hmmm... but I think one detective in the group is enough. Going to be a great time go convince Seth , Phil and Graf to change their plans and make an appearance .

See ya soon
Old 08-24-2005, 07:25 AM   #43
Michael Ohlstein

DIRECTIONS

Long Island Expressway

Get off at Glen Cove Road North (exit 39N)

About 1.8 miles up Glen Cove Road you will reach a major intersection. This will be Route 25A.

Continue north for 1.1 miles past 25A and turn right on East View Lane.

The second left is Robin Court. We are on the right, #5, in the back of the cul de sac. In the evening, there is a dim light at the end of the gravel driveway.

516-674-0988

917-763-8157 Cell Phone

Party starts at 2:00 PM and runs all night

Last edited by Michael Ohlstein; 08-24-2005 at 11:17 PM.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:41 PM   #44
LisaK

But Spider... do you have the benches for GaGa?!
See you next wk..
LisaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 07:59 PM   #45
Michael Ohlstein

I was thinking..... eight pieces of 14 ' 1 X 8, staked down......
Old 08-27-2005, 11:23 AM   #46
Rich Slevin

Hey its almost time for 'round up'!
Hope to see you all next weekend though there's some ridicule coming from the Mrs so I'm not so worried about Sapon. The bum thing is I know I have old photos stashed away, but haven't been able to uncover them. I'm a NY'er in a high rise apt so I have old stuff stashed in all sorts of other places besides here - but haven't foound 'em.
Meanwhile you guys have me scratching my noodle as to the rules of ga-ga, but I remember stretch (ooooh! Knives!!) - how about some box ball waiting outside the mess hall.
RE: peoples - I'll try to contact Russ Wohl who is a high school friend of mine who I saw last June - though its late notice. How about Howie Goldfine [from Valley Stream, or David Schlecker, Walter Schloman, Richie Sarner (?) - though these may be guys who weren't part of the Pioneers / West Trip #2 scene. Just a few names that I toy with.
We'll see you soon.
-Slev-
Rich Slevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 04:50 PM   #47
Michael Ohlstein

Walter Schloman recently checked in and should be stopping by. There are still some people who I haven't been able to track down and others who haven't responded.

I'm afraid that box ball isn't going to work here......there aren't any sidewalks for miles.

Let's just hope that the hurricane doesn't linger........
Old 08-28-2005, 06:52 PM   #48
David Fried

Just checked the weather and it's like it should be sunny and warm.!!!
Old 08-28-2005, 10:51 PM   #49
Davia Love

Howie Goldfine

Rich Slevin, if you find Howie Goldfine, tell him hello from his old babysitter (if it's the same Howie Goldfine, he lived around the corner from me in Valley Stream...I didn't even know he went to Wel-Met, but you guys are 6 or 7 years younger). I was their regular babysitter for awhile - anybody else remember 50 cents an hour, and $1.00 an hour on New Year's Eve?

Davia Weinberg (from Greenway Blvd. in Valley Stream, now of Burlingame, California).
Davia Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 07:26 PM   #50
LisaK

so...my husband could not be less interested in joining us...sorry Amy! He figures (and is probably right) that if you weren't there, this could be deadly! Anyone else coming solo?
LisaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 08:49 PM   #51
Michael Ohlstein

I think that most are flying solo, with a few bringing their families. There'll be a web cam set up so that he can keep an eye on you....
Old 08-30-2005, 09:38 PM   #52
KenSapon
Super Site Supporter

Thumbs up Pre Spider warm up?

Spider- What are the trains I need to take from TimesSquare?
Or should I take a cab? Is a cab an option leaving your house and getting back to NYC late? Do the trains run at night? (if so is it safe for Anne alone?) If she comes is their room for both of us to crash? What should I bring? I'll be in NYC Thursday at 5PM lets get all who can meet up either Thursday or Friday or both for drinks, music, and mayhem. Or the usual come as your favorite naked pilgrim party for rape and pilage! Cell # 505-250-9001 all are invited!
KenSapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 10:31 PM   #53
David Fried

After what I have been through the last ten days, making a TV in about an hour , mayhem is a must!!!
See ya on Thursday
Old 08-30-2005, 11:29 PM   #54
Michael Ohlstein

Ken.....it's New York. Twenty five years in New Mexico has de-programmed you. Cabs run 24 hours. Trains run 24 hours.

The LIRR stops nearby, but the local line sucks. You would take the LIRR to Port Washington and cab it from there (or be picked up).

I think that there's room for you both, and I have bed space for Fried and Moose as well. There are several couches and other options as well.

We'll make it work...
Old 09-01-2005, 01:28 PM   #55
Greg Stone

I am so psyched

Can't wait for Saturday. Coming with my wife, Candy, who, as it turns out, was a very close friend of Amy Batterman in college.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:45 PM   #56
Cindy Marks

I suspect I'm speaking for more than just me..So from all of us who wish we could be planning and anticipating and going to a similiar reunion with our pioneers or western trip------and have to live vicariously thru yours....
HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

Spider makes awesome rocky mountain toast - ENJOY!

We all expect a full report!

And what are the rules for Ga-Ga?
Cindy Marks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 04:23 PM   #57
Rich Slevin

Goo-Goo Gaa-Gaa

Still not getting Ga Ga though I think it was like dodge ball.

Should I break out my camp footlocker (which still existis) and it still has my clothes list taped inside!

I'll be seeing you guys Sat Afternoon and I'll be flying solo.
Not sure if I'll crash for the nite since I could crawl back to NYC if I have to - the good thing is that wifey prefers me to crash if I'm "affected" in some way and not safe to cruise - so we'll see about the Rocky Mtn Toast on Sun morn.
I just made a batch last weekend!
Rich Slevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 05:44 PM   #58
Cbmaslow

As usual, what Cindy said goes for me too.
(must be that thing about great minds...)

Have a great time, everyone!!!

(and do a zilch for me)

Last edited by Cbmaslow; 09-01-2005 at 05:46 PM.
Cbmaslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 07:41 AM   #59
David Fried

T- minus 24 hours and counting, all systems are go !!! Weather is sunny and warm at the launch site. It's should be quite a blastoff.
Webcams will be up , check back for url's and instructions.
Be there or be square!!!
Old 09-02-2005, 06:29 PM   #60
David Fried

Re: DIRECTIONS

Here are the directions front and center, just like we expect all of you to be here starting around 2pm.

We have plenty of everything, so bring your photos; smiles and somebody bring a boom box and some tunes.
Until then
David and Mike

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Ohlstein
Long Island Expressway

Get off at Glen Cove Road North (exit 39N)

About 1.8 miles up Glen Cove Road you will reach a major intersection. This will be Route 25A.

Continue north for 1.1 miles past 25A and turn right on East View Lane.

The second left is Robin Court. We are on the right, #5, in the back of the cul de sac. In the evening, there is a dim light at the end of the gravel driveway.

516-674-0988

917-763-8157 Cell Phone

Party starts at 2:00 PM and runs all night

Last edited by David Fried; 09-02-2005 at 09:06 PM.