Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums  

Go Back   Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums > Help me Find this Lost Camper & Staff !!
Memories Forum Home Quick User Guide Register Wel-Met Photos Find Other Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2007, 10:05 PM   #1
shakle

Western Trip '68

Looking for Western Trippers 1968, Billie Weltman, Murray Kahn, Danny Rader, RU out there from Sharon Feder
shakle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 06:51 AM   #2
susanepstein

hello from the past

I'm pretty sure that we were together in either pioneers 67 or the western trip 68. Did you live in Howard Beach Queens?? Did you playthe guitar?? Its funny how your name seemded so familiar when i saw it. If you remember me(Susan Epstein) feel free to write back. my e-mail is nlidofsky@aol.com Hope to hear from you.]
susanepstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 06:51 AM   #3
susanepstein

hello from the past

I'm pretty sure that we were together in either pioneers 67 or the western trip 68. Did you live in Howard Beach Queens?? Did you playthe guitar?? Its funny how your name seemded so familiar when i saw it. If you remember me(Susan Epstein) feel free to write back. my e-mail is nlidofsky@aol.com Hope to hear from you.]
susanepstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 04:04 PM   #4
kenkaitin

Western Trip #3 - '68

Just came across your notes. Sharon-we were together in Unit 5, Pioneers, and the WT. Susan, I think we were just together on the WT. Good to see your names. Heard from Alvin Lewis, who was on our trip. Went to college with Laurie Harris (Unit 5 and Pioneers) and Glen Schiller (WT). Would love to connect - kenneth.kaitin@tufts.edu.
kenkaitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 11:23 AM   #5
Trouble

Billie Weltman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkaitin View Post
Just came across your notes. Sharon-we were together in Unit 5, Pioneers, and the WT. Susan, I think we were just together on the WT. Good to see your names. Heard from Alvin Lewis, who was on our trip. Went to college with Laurie Harris (Unit 5 and Pioneers) and Glen Schiller (WT). Would love to connect - kenneth.kaitin@tufts.edu.
Just got your note I am looking at a photo from the Western Trip with you Alvin Ricky and some others doing a pyramid. I met Sharon Feder in NY with Cheryl Levitt do you remember her? we are still best friends since Unit 2 she lives in Denver I live on Long Island. I am a Nurse .Write back (bthomas722@yahoo.com)
We should all have a reunion maybe in New York. Sharon could set it up,let me know what you are doing and if you think we should try This summer was our 40th anniversary of Western Trip and at the moment I'm still looking pretty good. Regards,Trouble
Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 02:58 PM   #6
ArtBefartnickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakle View Post
Looking for Western Trippers 1968, Billie Weltman, Murray Kahn, Danny Rader, RU out there from Sharon Feder
Have you seen Dave Klienman the Narrowsberg director in the 1970's stuck in the Lemon Squeeze up on Mohonk? We tried to get him loose but he was so stuck. People would walk by and feed him which I think kept him from losing weight and getting unstuck. Kind of like that Aesops Fable of the fox and or grape orchard.

How did you get stuck in that little bit of heaven called New Paltz? The Befartnickle boys ran The Thesis and Mcguinns in the mid 70's until we were run out of town. Was forced to return to LI and begin earning a living. Wel-Met and New Paltz have a long tradition together. Mitch edelstein, Neal weiss, mark Minnick, and others.
ArtBefartnickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 06:38 PM   #7
kenkaitin

I have the same photo of the pyramid, Billie. In fact, I have an album of photos from our WT. A NYC reunion sounds great. Glad to hear you're still looking good (at the moment). I'm on the faculty of Tufts Med Sch in Boston and living in Lexington, MA. I'm in NYC often-much of my family lives there. Sharon - Billie volunteered you to set up a WT#3 reunion. Happy to work with you on it. -- Ken
Old 08-17-2008, 05:38 PM   #8
jkswlw

do i know you from cornell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkaitin View Post
I have the same photo of the pyramid, Billie. In fact, I have an album of photos from our WT. A NYC reunion sounds great. Glad to hear you're still looking good (at the moment). I'm on the faculty of Tufts Med Sch in Boston and living in Lexington, MA. I'm in NYC often-much of my family lives there. Sharon - Billie volunteered you to set up a WT#3 reunion. Happy to work with you on it. -- Ken
Ken, do i know you from Wel-Met and/or Cornell? i was at wel-met pioneers in 1968, and WT 1969. Cornell class of 1975. lived in Donlon freshman year, north campus sophomore year, and over Pop's Place junior and senior year.
Janet Kaplan
jkswlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:33 AM   #9
kenkaitin

Yes, definitely we knew each other at Cornell ('75). I lived on Dryden Rd senior year, with Neal Platt and Eric Davis. I saw Steve Swirsky's name on a thread from your Wel-Met years (I was Pioneers in 67, WT#3 in 68, and Silver Lake pantry boy in 69, so I would have fed you before and after your WT), and I spoke with him yesterday. We both commented on how we knew each other for 4 years at Cornell, but never made the Wel-Met connection. Same with you! What are you up to?

Last edited by kenkaitin; 08-18-2008 at 08:35 AM.
Old 03-01-2014, 03:11 PM   #10
Bob Persily

Western trip 1968

I'm a late entry. I hope we are are happy, healthy, & wise.
Bob Persily is offline   Reply With Quote