Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums  

Go Back   Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums > Current Memories Forum
Memories Forum Home Quick User Guide Register Wel-Met Photos Find Other Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2005, 06:48 AM   #1
jeppie

the bronx boys

as i just said i have not been on this site in so long.
so i didn't know that the bronx boys had been found
sid do you remember me, and where is larry barker who i adored when i was like 12.

i lived in olympia washington for many many years, but moved back to NY 6 years ago. my kids are 12 and 10.

brandi weil, i was friends with your sister patti,and just e-mailed her to ask where her sister was, and you are in seattle.
we where out west from 1986 to 1999. we used to drive up to seattle for lunch, before there was traffic.
jeppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 10:44 PM   #2
Brandi Weill

I remember you Joyce. You and Patti were so close.Sorry you had to leave Olympia. I was just thinking today, how grateful we are to be raising our kids in such a great place. I hope you're doing well. You know she'll be in WM this summer.
Brandi Weill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 09:10 PM   #3
lbarker

Joyce

It is really good to hear from and about you.

I adored you also. I will always look back on that summer with incredibly fond memories. I have often wished that I wasn't such a chicken back then and could have told you how I felt.

I hope this doesn't embarass you, but when I started looking on this site, you were the one I was most hoping to see.

I live in PA. Our kids are similar in age, I have two boys, Zack is 13 and Luke is 9. When I showed them your post, they laughed and laughed.

Would you be interested in continuing a dialogue? I would love to know how your life has been, what you do, who you are. We could do it either through here or in private. My email is barkerlj@comcast.net (original, isn't it).

So good to hear from you. I hope we continue talking and eventually see each other.

All my best,

Larry
lbarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 05:50 AM   #4
jeppie

well hey,
i just keep laughing and smiling. it is good to hear from you too.
i will write more later, just wanted to let you know i saw your post, my kids rolled their eyes, which they are very good at.

are you going to the reunion.? janet jupiter and i are going on saturday.
more later
joyce
jeppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 03:38 PM   #5
lbarker

Still silly after all these years

Joyce,

How silly is this? I am actually a little nervous speaking with you after all of these years. I am also really glad to.

Can you believe it has been over thirty years. A lot has happened.

I lost touch with everyone I knew from my youth. Staying in contact has never been a strong suit of mine.

I think it is great that this site was started and has given people a chance to reconnect. I think the hardest thing will be to keep the momentum going.

I am planning on going to the reunion. I will probably go on either Friday or Saturday.

What is your email address? It would be nice to be able to tell you what has happened in the last 30 years (not that it has been overly exciting).

Till we speak again,

Larry
lbarker is offline   Reply With Quote